Thursday, April 12, 2007

Proud Mom

I received two extra special cards for my 38th birthday. They are from my children Jennika, Jessika, Jino, Jayne and Jiego. I picked up the packet(from the Philippines) in a Fedex station on 42nd street and 11th avenue and I took the subway coming back home. I refuse to open the packet in the train knowing how emotional I could get so I waited until I was back in my Harlem apartment. Like a well overflowing, my tears were unstoppable. My children...despite the distance, the time lost, the hugs and kisses amiss and every single thing I could think of that I was not able share with them, they still love me no matter what. With their cards there is so much hope and so much love over powering that I know all our sacrifices will be worth it one day. My youngest son Jiego, even made me his own special card, all with his quaint and well formed script handwriting. It is as if I have all my five children right by my side as I read my card aloud (of course I am alone) with blurry wet eyes. I love you Jennika, I love you Jessika, I love you Jino, I love you Jayne and I love you Jiego. Thank you for remembering my birthday and yes we will see each other soon. In God's will maybe you can all come and have a vacation here in New York City or once everything is in place regarding my status then I can come home for a visit. Love can really bridge the most unexpected things. In all honesty, I can truly declare that my five children are my heroes. They are patient, kind, respectful, caring, forgiving, impartial and most of all loving. I am proud and humbled at the same time to be their mother...and I will always be.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hi,wow!!i truly know how you feel, I have 6 years in US, didn't go back to my country yet, although my mom, my husband and my baby are here, the rest of my family is there, and every birthday, x-mas, etc...I'm not able to be 100% happy..last year my grandpa passed away and I couldn't go, I still thinking that I failed to him...
Well, thanks for sharing, and I hope you can see your kids soon...good luck